Tanzania Meteorite Single Origin Coffee Bean 250gSKU: 2021
Labels: LIMITED EDITION, Single Origin, Specialty Coffee
Brand: La Semeuse
Composition: 100% Arabica
Variety: K7, grown at 1400m altitude
Aroma: Spicy, fruity
Taste note : Vanilla and passion fruit
Degree of roast: 2/5
Coffee size: Espresso
High altitude roasting: Roasted in Switzerland at 1000m altitude - No bitterness, No acidity
Origin: From a Tanzanian region, where a big meteorite fell. A light profile of fruit and vanilla, a generous but smooth body with hints of passion fruit.
We Also Recommend
- Tanzania Meteorite Single Origin Coffee Bean Origin and Taste
- Food Pairing
- Shelf Life After Opening
- Storage Advice
- “La Semeuse” Brand History
1. Tanzania Meteorite Single Origin Coffee Bean Origin and Taste:
Origin: From a harvest of small producers of the Tarime (Mara) region, this coffee was christened "Meteorite" due to the enormous meteorite that came down in the area.
Taste: A light profile of fruit and vanilla, it offers a generous but smooth body with hints of passion fruit.
Specialty Coffee: The terms "gourmet coffee", "premium coffee" or "rare-brand coffee" define so well this type of coffee. According to the Specialty coffee Association, specialty coffees are defined as superior-quality coffees with extraordinary flavour characteristics. They are planted and harvested under perfect conditions, and are only available in limited quantities. Prized and respected throughout the value chain, these coffees brew to create exceptional sensory and flavour properties which ensure they stand apart. Specialty coffee is part of a process aimed at achieving the following:
- Seeking out batches of exceptionally high quality (more than 84/100 SCA points)
- Selecting varieties based on the specific qualities of the land, guaranteeing 100% traceability
- A roasting profile unique to each selected estate
- Improving the coffee preparation methods used by both baristas and coffee lovers.
Drying by the wet method: washed coffee
In this method, the pulp of the coffee cherry is removed from the beans by friction. The beans are then submerged in water in order to remove the remaining mucilage (the pulpy flesh covering the coffee bean) through a process of controlled fermentation. Once this step is complete, the beans are washed and dried. Washed coffee is distinguishable in the cup by its finesse: a subtle yet aromatic taste.
High altitude roasting in the Swiss mountains: Roasting at an altitude of 1000 meters allows the bean to flourish at a temperature which does not affect its essential aroma or flavors. The atmospheric pressure being lower at high altitude than at sea level, boiling occurs at a lower temperature. This physical property acts favorably on the quality of the coffees of La Semeuse, which are distinguished by their subtle power, their lack of bitterness and acidity.
2. Food Pairing:
The perfect Swiss cookies for your Tanzania Meteorite Single Origin premium gourmet coffee are available on Switzerluxe!
A. Puff pastry butterfly cookie with Madagascar vanilla: (buy here)
B. Puff pastry organic butterfly cookie: (buy here)
Coffee-Food pairing ideas:
The Single Origin Tanzanie Meteorite premium coffee beans taste great when paired with a myriad of dishes. Lets exlpore a few pairings you can try:
- Dark chocolate brownie
- Chocolate cakes
- Chocolate mousse cake
- Vanilla-bean-iced chocolate cupcakes
- Chocolate-Dipped Fruit
- Chocolate tart covered with cherries
- Dark Chocolate
- Milk Chocolate
- White Chocolate
Baked goods pairings:
- Coffee Breads: sweet and sticky pecan rolls, gooey sticky buns, apple cinnamon biscuits, chocolate chip honey pumpkin bread, German stollen, orange sage bread, butter pecan bread, monkey bread, cranberry orange bread
- Carrot cake
- Cinnamon Buns
- Caramel flan
- Banana nut bread
- Sweet Breads like Zucchini bread with nuts
- Pumpkin bread with nuts
- Fruit tarts
- Berry crepes
Breakfast Food Pairings:
- Savory Crepes: Often stuffed with vegetables, herbs, cheese and meats.
- Chocolate crepes
- Pancakes with Maple Syrup
- Savory brunch and full flavored foods like omelets
- Omelets with Mushrooms, Basil and goat cheese
Coffee can be served with milk or cream:
Coffee can be enjoyed as is (black coffee), or mixed with milk or cream (latte coffee / cafe latte). It is frequently sweet, and sometimes we add chocolate or spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, or cardamom to it. Iced coffee drinks have recently spread, but it is usually served hot. The taste for coffee isn’t spontaneous, it must be cultivated, for its flavor is strong.
Among the most popular types of coffee drinks, we can mention:
- latte coffee, or caffè latte, obtained by mixing a volume of milk for a volume of coffee
- latte macchiato (spotted milk) which differs from caffe latte in that this drink contains more milk in liquid form and in the form of foam
- coffee coffee, a coffee in which you add a little cream or a cloud of milk; In French-speaking Switzerland, coffee with added milk is called "reversed"
- the hazelnut, an espresso coffee in which one adds a cloud of milk
- cappuccino, an espresso on which milk froth is placed, usually sprinkled with cocoa powder
- chocolate coffee, a coffee in which you melt an equal volume of chocolate
- Liège coffee, a cold drink with coffee and ice cream
- Irish coffee, an alcoholic drink prepared with a volume of whiskey for three volumes of coffee
- the Viennese coffee, or espresso con panna, a preparation consisting of a fairly light elongated espresso, to which hot milk with whipped cream is added, and like cappuccino, the Viennese coffee is embellished with chocolate powder or sprinkles.
3. Shelf life after opening the package:
Ground Coffee: After opening can be kept 2 to 4 weeks (read coffee storage section below). After that period its organoleptic properties begin degrading.
Coffee Bean: After opening can be kept 3 to 4 months (read coffee storage section below). After that period its organoleptic properties begin degrading.
4. Storage Advice:
Unlike conventional food, coffee does not have an expiration date, it is more about the deadline for an optimal use (best before date) after which the taste quality begins decreasing. For full enjoyment of La Semeuse coffee's distinctive taste qualities – body, aroma, flavour – we recommend a Best Before date. Past the Best Before date, coffee taste qualities gradually lose strength.
- In an airtight box or a perfectly closed hermetic bag
- Protected from light and moisture and at room temperature (avoid extreme hot / cold temperatures)
- For longer storage, the freezer may be an option
5. About “La Semeuse” THE BRAND: (learn more)
History: La Semeuse was founded in 1900 by Marc Bloch in the city of La Chaux-de-Fonds in Switzerland. In May 2015, La Semeuse changes hands. Marc Bloch, the founder’s grandson retires from the company’s management and hands it over to the Bihler Family from Neuchâtel (in Switzerland), owner of Choco Diffusion group and several brands such as Goldkenn. La Semeuse coffees are distinguished by their subtle power and lack of bitterness and acidity. According to many coffee lovers "La Semeuse" is the best coffee brand in Switzerland.
6. Product Specification:back to top
|Name||Single Origin Tanzanie Meteorite|
|Swiss Brand||La Semeuse|
|Aromatic Profile||Spicy, Fruity|
|Taste note:||Vanilla and Passion Fruit|
|Degree of Roast||2/5|
|Particularity||- Roasted at 1000m altitude
- Single Origin Beans
- Specialty Coffee
- LIMITED EDITION
|Country of origin||Switzerland|
|Produced by||La Semeuse
Allée des Paysans-Horlogers 1
2300 La Chaux-de-Fonds